In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1que brilla con luz tenue
- But, being unaccustomed to existence as a dragon, by the time the lambent flame burst from his cavernous mouth, Natieasdo had disappeared, taking Lationae with him.
- Her fists clench, and he could have sworn that her eyes were blazing with fire, the lambent glow bathing him in an evil red light.
- My eyes having adjusted to the gloom, I noticed a lambent, reddish glow emanating from one direction.
- In the wider connotations of the title it seems to me that the lambent flames can refer to non-technical themes.
- What was remarkable about the spruce was its color: a lambent yellow, caused by a rare genetic mutation that affected its ability to make chlorophyll.
- The lifts had closed, the punters had gone, the domain was ours and a lambent, purplish light settled on the silent mountain.
- The dust settled, the noise subsided and a glow of lambent light emanated from the chamber that now lay revealed.
- This portrait communicates the artist's pleasure in the act of painting, which is revealed in a lambent play of light on the figure.
- Monica Swinton, 29, of graceful shape and lambent eye, went and sat in her living room, arranging her limbs with taste.
- Her eyes were the only note of color in her body, brilliant and arterial red; the rising crescent moon of Ishtar sat lambent on her brow.
- The final touches of the Lightbringer were caressing the slopes and cliff faces, bathing grey stone and ice in lambent gold.
- As I drove into work this sunny, lambent morning, it was with decidedly mixed feelings.
- Jaben hurled the annulus into the lava, where it disappeared in a burst of lambent flame.
- Here, warm, lambent sunlight bathes a country road framed by towering trees.
- Outside it's the close of a lambent spring afternoon, a clarity of light still falling on the residential street.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.