In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- A new lancet is used for each scratch to prevent cross-contamination of allergens.
- Gauze, alcohol swab, lancet, and bandage are enclosed in one package and sized appropriately for either adult or pediatric patients.
- He extracted teeth, stitched gashes, advised on pneumonia and sunstroke, set broken limbs, used the lancet and the thermometer.
- Years later, falsely imprisoned for mutilating animals with a lancet, George writes to Doyle for help.
- In eight locations, blood samples were obtained by piercing the skin with a sterile lancet and absorbing a drop of blood on a piece of filter paper.
- New devices are being developed to make blood glucose testing less painful than the usual monitoring systems, which involve drawing blood by pricking the skin with a lancet.
- Once all the drops are in place, the nurse takes a tiny, pointed, plastic instrument called a lancet and scratches the skin through each droplet of extract.
- I stumbled out into the early afternoon with my new machine, enough testing strips and pricking lancets to go on with, my marked-up diary and a fuddled brain.
- ‘No one has a product on the market that will let people throw away their lancets,’ he says.
- Discard the lancet into a biohazard sharps container.
- The lancets are designed to enter no deeper than 2-3 mm.
- Medical wastes are defined as discarded sharps (needles, scalpel blades, lancets, and broken glass) and potentially infectious wastes.
- Single-use throwaway lancets are used for haemoglobin check and single-use disposable transfusion sets that are attached to blood bags are used during the process of donation.
- Blood was usually taken by opening a vein with a lancet, although bloodsucking leeches were regularly used.
- You must take you blood from your fingertips, using a spring-loaded ‘pen’ and lancet.
- Patients use the kit's finger lancet to collect blood while routinely checking their blood glucose levels.
- Standardised skin prick tests were carried out with allergen coated lancets.
- Blood samples were obtained by finger lancet or from an arterial catheter.
- I had to send him a glucometer and test strips and lancets.
2also lancet windowventana ojival femenino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.