In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1terrateniente femeninohacendado masculinohacendada femenino
- One of the first programs instituted by the Japanese was land reform that made the landowner the sole owner.
- This is apart from the serious problems and costs it will cause landowners and land managers.
- Would any local landowners like to write in and offer their land for this scheme?
- A lot of landowners are careful about letting the hunt on their land because of repercussions.
- It should be no part of the plan that it is for private landowners to retain land effectively as a public reserve.
- In areas that are privately owned, the council encourages the landowners to keep their land free from litter.
- They should only be ridden on private land with the landowner's consent.
- Upon the death of a landowner, land is divided in equal portions among the surviving children.
- He is a former landowner, whose lands had been included in an agricultural reform programme decades before.
- Sometimes, too, the commune would rent or purchase additional land from the landowner or from the state.
- The bill still gives new powers to landowners to suspend rights of access to land and water for management reasons.
- A trespasser who enters another's land may cause the landowner no financial loss.
- Police are urging landowners to take care when burning heather on their land.
- The reality is that landowners will and do provide land for exactly these purposes.
- Corsham Town Council is opposing a landowner who wants to use his industrial land for shredding motor tyres.
- She claimed that the landowner could have built his home on land further back from the road on land which he had now sold.
- The scheme was devised in response to a request from a landowner for projects to enhance the wildlife value of his land.
- Although it reduced the power of the landowner, small absentee landowners emerged.
- A Bradford Council spokesman said legally only the landowner could apply to a court for possession of the land.
- It will also be an offence for landowners to permit their land to be used for hunting.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.