In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- A natural, undyed wool cover can be re-waterproofed with lanolin every few weeks, or as needed.
- He makes a marvellous, naturally scented cream from an old English recipe using only natural products - lanolin, bees wax, almond oil and aloe vera that he grows himself.
- The oil component of ointments is typically petrolatum; creams tend to contain lanolin.
- These creams usually contain lanolin, wheat germ and cocoa butter.
- When the season's over, their wool, meat, and lanolin can be sold for profit.
- The young émigré began by packaging and peddling lanolin - sheep oil - disguising the odor with extracts of lavender, pine bark, and water lilies.
- For example, creams that contain lanolin - a wax derivative of sheep's wool - can cause allergic reactions and are comedogenic (tending to aggravate or cause acne).
- I do not use paraffin, Vaseline, lanolin or petroleum based by-products in my range because these ingredients are barrier products in my view.
- Two weeks after application of lanolin, only 24% of fruit treated with lanolin alone remained attached.
- Although wool can be damaged by moths, it contains lanolin, a naturally occurring oil that protects it from these insects.
- Vitamin D3 from sheep's wool, lanolin, is acceptable as halal.
- Moisturizers contain humectants, such as glycerin, methyl glucose esters, lanolin, or mineral oil, that replace oils in the skin and promote its effectiveness as a moisture barrier.
- And it will include research into additional medical uses for sheep products such as lanolin and keratin.
- There are currently two main commercial routes to obtain cholesterol: extracting it from the spinal cords of cattle; and from lanolin, the natural grease found on wool.
- Lipids (eg, petroleum, lanolin, mineral oil) block moisture from leaving the skin by using occlusive or semiocclusive materials to form a barrier for the skin to better restore itself.
- Common allergens include topical antibiotics, lanolin in topical moisturizers, chemicals in dressings, preservatives, and fragrances.
- They contained no artificial colours, drying alcohol, synthetic fragrances, oily lanolin or mineral oil - all staple ingredients in many leading brands.
- Lip balm containing beeswax, lanolin, coconut oil or other natural moisturizers is an alternative.
- We sometimes suggest a product containing lanolin, beeswax or coconut oil to moisturize the lips and discourage licking.
- I'd remind them how he'd come in from the shearing shed for morning tea, smelling of oil and lanolin, teasing and annoying my grandmother as he ate his Sao's.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.