In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Sites need not be marked for other procedures including those with a midline incision, cesarean-sections, laparotomies, and laparoscopies.
- The patient was taken to the operating room for an exploratory laparotomy through a transverse umbilical incision.
- A 47-year-old man began having painful hiccups several times a minute after undergoing an exploratory laparotomy.
- Exploratory laparotomy and total abdominal hysterectomy were performed.
- The patient underwent an exploratory laparotomy and small bowel resection.
- The patient underwent an exploratory laparotomy under the suspicion of malignant tumor of the cecum or appendix.
- When the patient began bleeding from a gastric ulcer and exhibiting signs of hypovolemic shock, an exploratory laparotomy was performed.
- An exploratory laparotomy and splenectomy were performed.
- The patients underwent three unnecessary laparotomies before the correct diagnosis was made.
- Exploratory laparotomy was performed, and a large soft tissue mass was found extending from the left side of the pelvis involving the rectum.
- The exploratory laparotomy disclosed no abdominal trauma or hemorrhage.
- The history of a negative laparotomy for acute abdominal pain is also consistent with IBS, since these patients are more likely to have unnecessary surgery.
- We recently performed our fourth laparotomy on the same patient in a seven-day period.
- Ten days after the initial presentation the patient had an exploratory laparotomy through a transverse subumbilical incision.
- A laparotomy uses a bigger incision to remove the cyst or possibly the entire ovary.
- In all cases, the patients had undergone previous laparotomies at medical centers where powdered gloves were used.
- Mr M was taken to the OR for an exploratory laparotomy and splenectomy.
- In contrast to surgery by laparotomy, the mini laparotomy uses a much smaller incision with a length of approximately 6 cm.
- Subsequently, an exploratory abdominal laparotomy was performed to remove the masses.
- An exploratory laparotomy was performed immediately after the second CT scan to search for a perforated viscus.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.