In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1solapa femenino(microphone/badge) de solapa
- The lapels of his suit coat disappear and blend into the body of the jacket.
- For fun, top it with panels that button back like the lapels of a sport coat.
- Making alterations to other areas, such as the shoulders, back or lapels will change the intended design of the suit.
- The finely tailored jacket featured wide lapels and side belt with turn-ups prominent on the classic cut pants.
- This lapel features a triangular indention where the lapel joins the collar.
- Try on the garment and settle the collar and lapels into place so they are smooth and wrinkle-free.
- I always see him in a comfortable chair wearing one of those smoking jackets with quilted lapels.
- He tugged at the front lapel of his suit jacket and pulled it to his nose.
- The twist that makes this look right now is that the lapels, fronts and hems of the tweeds are encrusted with gold and silver or outlined in colourful stones.
- Like a tailor, he keeps big needles pinned behind the lapel of his coat, a plaid jacket too large for him.
- I have on a pair of very tight drainpipe trousers, shirt and skinny tie, and a jacket whose thin lapels are partly hidden by a row of tiny badges featuring the names of punk bands.
- Jackets also sport a higher button stance, narrower notched lapels and flap pockets.
- The lapels of the coat extend beyond the skirt, and halt at my mid-shin.
- They also wore button-down shirts and were sometimes with carnations in the lapels of their jackets.
- If the back and front of the lapel move independently of each other, they are stitched.
- Jean grabs him by the lapel of his tuxedo jacket and narrows her green eyes at him.
- Touches such as real cuff buttonholes or hand-finished lapels now come into play.
- For men, the geometry of jacket lapels, shoulder pads and waist tapering emphasize the strong upper body of a male.
- Badges were dispersed throughout the range and added on the lapels of jackets and fitted tops.
- You should also look out for pockets, the lapel's style, and whether or not the overcoat has a vent in the back.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.