In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Gradually, as lascivious sapphic tendencies become apparent, the gulf in sexual mores between the youthful maid and her venerable employers becomes more pronounced.
- Anna's encounter with S&M leaves her with lascivious fantasies of previously unknown sexual desires.
- Cool down, Liz; cease that lascivious whistling immediately.
- She's accused of having lewd and lascivious conduct with one of her students.
- He finds himself on a psycho-erotic country estate where all manner of lewd and lascivious acts are taking place.
- Mild expressions of lascivious interest in fellow bar patrons or party-attendees also come in handy.
- He was forced to strategically excise parts in the opening shower sequence, replace some lascivious dialogue, and tone down some of the overt gore.
- I think it's interesting that we went from seven lewd and lascivious charges down to four, and one of them is an attempt, as well.
- Each count involving lewd or lascivious acts carries potential prison time of three, six or eight years.
- This is an allegation of lewd and lascivious conduct, Nancy.
- This was still money, and no harm could come to her after the lascivious squeeze and wink.
- The body ranges between the sexes, the pose extremely lascivious while the lustfully mounting tones of the overture are played slowly, to be savoured.
- This would appear to involve sitting in a bar and drinking local spirits, occasionally bobbing up to link together video segments with a smattering of lascivious small-talk.
- If anybody says that she is lewd or lascivious he lies.
- The societies brought prosecutions against vice and protested against lewd plays and lascivious entertainments, such as masquerades.
- My sock drawer, which should be a vault of depravity and secret lascivious habits contains socks and underwear.
- Reportedly, individuals were booked for charges ranging from urinating in the streets, creating a nuisance to lewd and lascivious behavior.
- Women could donate eggs - a somewhat less lascivious process - for $1,000 to $3,000.
- The previous year, Miami cops had had the suspect in custody for lewd and lascivious molestation, without checking his immigration status.
- He answered with a lascivious wink when reporters asked him what he was giving his wife for her birthday.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.