In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1láser masculinolaser scanning — lectura por lector óptico láser femenino
- laser show — espectáculo con láser
- laser surgery — cirugía con láser
- laser treatment — tratamiento con láser
- Microsurgery and keyhole surgery are common place now - as is the use of lasers in surgery.
- This spurred him to work on lasers, a necessary piece of equipment for his measurement.
- It passes through the beam splitter the way it came, and goes straight back into the laser.
- I had to look at the red light of the laser and it was like being on hallucinogenic drugs.
- The structure has potential for the development of active optical devices such as lasers and passive components.
- The final piece is shown in a light box, with holes created by lasers letting light shine through layers of coloured plastics.
- Other possibilities include the use of lasers and strobe lights which temporarily blind or confuse a suspect.
- It has led to computers, lasers and nuclear reactors, and it tells us why the Sun shines and why the ground beneath our feet is solid.
- It is this property that lies behind the technological device of the laser.
- A few were beaming their lasers at him, changing him until he could no longer walk or move.
- However, an increasing number of archaeologists are adopting lasers as efficient measuring devices.
- This pattern creates a hologram that you can see by illuminating the plate with a laser.
- I looked at the base and saw stands with lasers on them and the oversized slugs with beam cannons.
- Powered by infrared lasers, the shiny surface reflects and focuses this laser beam into a ring.
- This lattice can trap the neutral atoms in potential wells because the electric fields of the lasers induce a dipole moment in the atom.
- The coating absorbs some of the laser's light, a percentage of which is made into a photocurrent.
- The lasers talk to the computer, which moves a blocking device to intercept the puck.
- When lasers and optical fibres came together they revolutionised communications.
- A laser is a beam of light radiation, which delivers intense energy to a specific area of skin.
- Yet it was not so long ago that lasers were deemed a solution in search of a problem.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.