In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(residente en EEUU) latinoamericano
- The attitudes of rejection toward undocumented Latino immigrants seem more and more untenable.
- We began to have major media artists being recognized as Latino superstars.
- Franco also believes in a recent resurgence of Latino rock down south and its increasing visibility elsewhere.
- Here's an image of Latino life that challenges us as viewers to make sense of it.
- More Central American joints will pop up, offering classics as well as imaginative nuevo Latino cuisine.
- He spent one year there performing flamenco, jazz, and Latino dances in clubs and restaurants.
- Our barman reckoned the best time to go is on a Tuesday, when it's Latino night.
- Georgia has one of the fastest growing Latino populations in the country.
- Anyone who likes Latino music should hear this album for its conga, maraca and trumpet songs alone.
- It started in the black and Latino community and then moved on, and progressed and spread.
- The presidential election is just more than five weeks away, and a key voting block is expected to be Latino voters.
- A man in a black suit takes the podium and lashes out at the local factories recruiting Latino workers.
- But the nine-day fiesta will once again remind us of all that is great about Latino cinema.
- My wife came here from Peru legally and we have many other Latino friends that came here legally.
- I got a job in the post office and actually worked for minimum wage in New York for a while to try to organize Latino workers.
- And then, my next guest will be one Latino leader who has made it his mission to have me fired.
- Of the some 700,000 eligible Latino voters in the state, only half are registered.
- But the country has infused its own, distinct Latino flavour with great cuisine including salsa to tapas dishes.
- A fan turns slowly overhead, keeping time with the strains of Latino music.
- He'll tell us why he says Latino voters will determine the outcome of the presidential election this year.
1latinoamericano masculinolatinoamericana femenino
- I would say at least half of the customers were Latinos and most of the staff were Mexican with a couple of Spaniards!
- For other Latinas and Latinos, the bestowal of posthumous citizenship was bitterly ironic.
- According to these standards, Hispanics or Latinos are referred to as an ethnic group.
- So, I think sometimes we're not getting our message to African Americans and to Latinos.
- The groups met for six two-hour sessions and were composed of African Americans and Latinos.
- That doesn't mean that Latinos want to take over or that Latinos want to create a nation within a nation.
- Many of the Asians and Latinos here are recent immigrants like my parents were.
- In the United States, Latinos are generally clunked together as socially conservative.
- Over the next few years, Latinos will be the biggest minority group in the United States.
- Most Euro-Americans can tell you that Arabs and Latinos react strongly to being humiliated.
- Latino activists say this is more reason why Latinos should oppose the war.
- Bush has been campaigning as an inclusive candidate; he is at pains to speak Spanish to the Latinos.
- Why is it taboo to crack jokes about Blacks, yet its funny to joke about Asians, Jews and Latinos, etc.?
- So I think that Latinos have always had a very strong sense of being Latino.
- Latinos are broken out separately, since Latinos, as an ethnicity, can be of any race.
- So when do the Latinos, the Orientals and the Asians get a look in then?
- Some say they've been mistaken for Latinos so often, they've been tempted to learn Spanish.
- It's almost as if some Americans believe all Latinos were born in one foreign country.
- Reticence on the part of Latinos to admit their African roots is a shame.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.