In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1café con leche masculino
- The blends, all from Arabica beans, are fine when mixed with milk in lattes and cappuccinos.
- Mandy was sipping some kind of cold icy like drink while Erik drank down a latte and I swallowed water.
- I feel so left out when, gallivanting about town, I see the happy throngs of customers queuing for lattes and mocha cappuccinos.
- But lattes are 90 percent milk and lack the jolt provided by unalloyed caffeine.
- They have all the expected coffee combos - the lattes, cappuccinos and all sorts of stuff to squirt in them.
- I sat down to write my editorial, but instead drank cappuccinos, vanilla lattes and gallons of tea.
- Seattle's mild maritime climate means you can drink lattes with the locals at an outdoor cafe well into the holiday season.
- By this time I'd finished three mocha choca lattes and was bouncing around the tastefully decorated - but soulless - coffee house walls.
- Every day I went out and worked hard over the shouts for espressos and lattes.
- I have to confess the best part of the evening was when the rain drove everyone away and we could just hang out, drink our lattes and talk.
- A change in state: today I stopped drinking lattes, and started drinking iced lattes.
- Have you recently given up a habit such as smoking, drinking, or buying lattes?
- There I continued to watch people and to drink vanilla lattes, but also gained the ability to look something up as the need arose.
- A single latte or espresso costs more in Seattle than a typical coffee worker makes in a whole day.
- As well as creamy lattes, the coffee shop offers wireless internet access and big, bench-like tables that several people can gather around.
- Our more cosseted generation is more likely to spend its Saturday afternoons sipping skinny lattes in city centre coffee bars.
- I don't care though, since I use my dark coffee for lattes and cappuccinos anyway.
- So let's just drink our lattes or chocolate milkshakes and enjoy it, woohoo!
- But despite the growing popularity of mochas and lattes, coffee farmers are increasingly going hungry as their plants die in the field.
- So why, may I ask, do you insist on drinking lattes and eating ice cream when you know full well that this is going to cause headaches and mild nausea?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.