1(person)letón masculinoletona femenino
- The regime aimed to transform the country into a typical Soviet one, and many native Latvians were deported and Russians brought in to help achieve this.
- Only 33 per cent of Estonians, Latvians and Lithuanians think membership ‘is a good thing’.
- He is urging the Indian Government to release him after five Latvians imprisoned with him were freed following their President's intervention.
- I am sure the Dutch and the Latvians are disappointed about this but it's why there are squads of 23 players.
- Why did some Ukrainians, Latvians, Lithuanians, and others acquiesce and sometimes help the fascists exterminate their Jewish neighbors?
- The Saami and the Estonians are the closest populations, while the Finns are separate and the Latvians and Lithuanians are close together but somewhat separated from the rest.
- At this time native Estonians and Latvians were beginning to settle in the towns, and from this new class there emerged nationalist and revolutionary groups.
- In 1993, according to Latvian government statistics, 53.5 percent of inhabitants were ethnic Latvians, while 33.5 percent were Russians.
- The Latvians have a better approach to their architectural heritage than we do.
- There were no Indo-European people closer to the Indo-Iranics than the northern European Baltic people i.e. the Lithuanians, the Latvians and the Prussians.
- The attack was complemented in the west by attacks from nationalities hitherto under Russian control, i.e. Finns, Estonians, Latvians, Lithuanians, and Poles.
- It is also because we listened to the Latvians and Lithuanians, Czechs and Cubans that washed up upon the landlocked plains.
- They deported at least 300,000 Lithuanians, 250,000 Latvians, 350,000 Jews, and three-quarters of a million Poles to the interior.
- Outnumbered by Czech fans, the Latvians gave a good account of themselves, as did their team, leading for half an hour.
- Four days later, a Croatian victory over the Latvians may well relegate the Scots to third place.
- The imperial accusation comes from the substantial populations of Tibetans, Latvians and so forth who do not identify with Russia, and yet get ruled by them anyway.
- Most Latvians dress in standard European clothes for everyday wear.
- Poles, Lithuanians, Latvians, and Estonians suffered as others had before them.
- After a confused period of war between Latvians, Germans, and Bolshevik Russians, international recognition was gained in 1921 and the Constitution of the Republic agreed in 1922.
- Deportation now awaits the six Latvians, two Lithuanians, four Russians, four Moldovans and two Ukrainians who were detained at Kendal and Penrith police stations after the raids.
- Amidst the Babel-like diversity, Brother Wolfgang spoke alternately in German and in English, while others translated into Latvian, French, Italian and Dutch.
- Millions of people will continue to speak Italian, Greek, Latvian, Estonian, Lithuanian, Vietnamese, Lebanese and the world's many other languages when they die out in Australia.
- More people know Irish than Maltese, Latvian or Estonian, the protestors claimed.
- I was simultaneously translated via headphones into Latvian and Russian.
- Latvian words are stressed on the first syllable, and written Latvian is largely phonetic.
- The original Evening Press article which told of Charles finding his family has since been translated into Latvian, and printed in a local newspaper sold in Riga.
- The show includes 120 displays of photographs, documents, relics and texts in four languages - English, Latvian, French and Welsh.
- Imagine if I'd had to learn to read and write in English… you might not read my blog if I spoke, say, Latvian or Estonian… would you!
- For some reason they filled out six different reports, all handwritten in Latvian.
- If you were in Dundee in 1790, you would have heard Russian, American and Latvian spoken.
- The new Latvian government reinstated Latvian as the official language.
- She was immediately bundled away by a security guard, complaining in Latvian that Britain was ‘the enemy’.
- Modern Latvian shows the influences of former conquerors.
- She is 85 now and not well, but Brigita was telling her who I was in Latvian, while she was holding my hand.
- How many people, for example, can translate from Latvian into Maltese?
- Nevertheless, Latvian and Maltese will have the right to be treated on the same footing as French, German or English.
- There are links to 1,203 sites in languages other than English, including one in Arabic and one in Latvian.
- The fact that it's in Latvian (although they have released versions in several languages, including Belarussian, but not English), will mean this fails to qualify for Saturday.
- It should be interesting, as I haven't got much Latvian these days and they have no English,’ he said.
- Even menus in Russian restaurants are printed exclusively in Latvian, the republic's only official tongue.