In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(prizewinner)galardonado masculinogalardonada femenino
- There are performances by the Kirov Ballet, a symposium of 25 Nobel laureates, concerts and the opportunity to visit outstanding museums and galleries.
- Three main prizes worth €300,000, €240,000 and €150,000 will be awarded to the three best laureates, who will also win a piano recital in Vienna.
- Even though Ireland can boast of two other poets who have been internationally honoured as Nobel laureates, the Monaghan man continues to occupy a special niche in our affections.
- No social science laureate was awarded this year as nominees did not meet the qualifications.
- The 15,000 pound prize awarded to the laureate is not to be sneezed at but the chance of working with the London Symphony Orchestra for a year is to dream of.
- This team, made up of eight of the world's top economists, including three Nobel laureates, was aiming to identify the most cost - effective solutions to the world's most serious problems.
- Only addresses provided by the laureates themselves are listed.
- He is professor of economics at Columbia University and a Nobel laureate.
- There aren't many Hollywood blockbusters about Nobel laureates in economics.
- The list was developed in a series of winnowing steps and overseen by economists, with the final panel including three Nobel laureates.
- The ANBHF has published the biographies of more than 40 of our laureates and fellows.
- On another apparent level he's a genius; in fact that word might be inadequate to describe his level of intelligence that rivals that of Nobel laureates in several fields.
- To a considerable extent, a tight circle of New York intellectuals, Ivy League stars, Nobel laureates and Oxbridge luminaries replaced him and his cohort.
- About those, he says that three quarters of all Nobel laureates in science, medicine, and economics have lived and worked in the U.S. in recent decades.
- The festival opened officially on June 20 with a special concert competition featuring laureates from the Inter-Atlantic Music Foundation.
- Renowned scientists, including two Nobel laureates, bioethicists, historians, biotechnology entrepreneurs, and others participated in a mix of lectures and panel discussions.
- The Robert Burns Humanitarian Award won't endow winners with the millions showered on Nobel laureates, but it is as ambitious and international in scope.
- Some of the world's leading economists - including three Nobel laureates - answered this question at the Copenhagen Consensus in May, prioritising policies for improving the world.
- Including this year's laureates, this honor has been bestowed on 120 individuals and 12 companies.
- Her excellent standing might be further upgraded this autumn when one of the silver laureates will win the Golden Magnolia Award.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.