In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(with masculine article in the singular) agua de lavanda femeninolavanda femenino
- The lavender water smells better to me, but I think the rosewater suits you best.
- A toning lotion with a much-cherished scent, lavender water purifies the skin while promoting its regeneration.
- Mist your pillows and sheets lightly with the lavender water just before bedtime to promote relaxation and rest.
- With organic lavender water and red clover, the mist refreshes hair after a workout so you don't have to rewash it.
- Scented waters, such as lavender water, are a great way to infuse a heavenly, yet subtle smell into your clothing.
- Rose water and lavender water offer you a playful and safe way to enjoy aroma on a daily basis.
- This is a true lavender water and your linens will have the aroma of having been air-dried on the lavender bush!
- Add 1 cup of lavender water to your bath while the water is running from the taps.
- It contains 100 percent organic lavender water, which helps smooth hair.
- With the saucepan lid still on, allow the lavender water to cool.
- The secret: an aromatic mix of organic lavender water, orange, marjoram, rosemary, vetiver and cinnamon.
- Both rose water and orange blossom water were first distilled in the 10th century, followed by lavender water in the 12 th century.
- We have an old restless dog that has a hard time settling down at night, so one night out of desperation, I misted her with the lavender water and she lay down and went to sleep.
- By the fourteenth century, lavender water was so popular that the French King Charles V had lavender planted in the gardens at the Louvre to ensure the supply.
- Using the same water as that of the first two bowls, add some perfume drops, rose water, lavender water, rosemary water, or saffron.
- Best of all, I can make lavender water from my favorite lavender oil, rather than settle for commercial products that I don't like as well.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.