In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1respetuoso de la ley
- More likely the product of those years, in the main, turned into decent law-abiding members of society.
- Lack of affordable housing and a shortage of properties can price decent, law-abiding people out of homes.
- That mechanism must be respected and used if we are to remain a free and law-abiding nation.
- In any civilized and law-abiding society the defeat of the terrorist is a public interest of the first importance.
- He has very high morals and is law-abiding and he's never done anything criminally wrong in his life.
- Just as we should all expect to be transported about the city in a totally safe manner by law-abiding, competent drivers.
- We are very grateful for the response of the law-abiding majority.
- The vast majority of postal workers are decent, honest, law-abiding people.
- Two highly disciplined and law-abiding populations meekly submitted to defeat.
- They want the community where the decent, law-abiding majority are in charge.
- Like the rest of the law-abiding citizens of York, I am disgusted with the breakdown of law and order in our city.
- They are all law-abiding citizens and actively wish to contribute to society.
- A law-abiding citizen who gets caught on a traffic camera faces a stiffer penalty!
- It's yet another way of hitting the pocket of the law-abiding, dutiful driver.
- Minor vandalism is annoying, expensive and distressing to law-abiding citizens.
- They just catch mainly honest and law-abiding citizens who, for the most part, are driving at appropriate speeds.
- It is not acceptable that law-abiding members of our community should suffer the nuisance behaviour of a minority.
- The problem nowadays is that there is no proper justice for law-abiding people.
- But we also want the rights of all law-abiding citizens to be respected and protected as well.
- This must be the only case in history of the usual suspects being the most law-abiding citizens.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.