In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(sobre hierba) tenis masculino
- The competition will involve football, netball, chess, basketball, badminton, volleyball, table tennis and lawn tennis.
- He said the college would host day-night tournaments of basketball, and lawn tennis next month
- With table tennis, boxing and lawn tennis returning to the sporting calendar there are 19 events set to take place at the sub-regional level.
- And outlining the remaining works on the club, Young said squash and lawn tennis courts, a gymnasium, a swimming pool and the last nine holes would be put up in three phases.
- The local game of road tennis is a cross between ping-pong and lawn tennis.
- They also tried lawn tennis and cricket with minimal success.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.