In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1laxante masculino(effect) laxante
- If the diverticulitis is not severe, treatment will be with painkillers, antibiotics, laxatives and dietary advice.
- Osmotic laxatives such as lactulose are effective alternatives to soften hard stools.
- For constipation, an osmotic laxative is preferred over stimulant laxatives.
- Her doctor has told her that strong laxatives are dangerous.
- You must take bulk-forming laxatives daily for the best effect.
- If you're pregnant, seek your doctor's advice before using laxatives.
- Herbal laxatives and diuretics may result in temporary weight loss.
- People who rely on harsh laxatives may find that they too get caught up in a vicious cycle.
- Functional fibre is found in bulk laxatives, fortified foods, beverages, and dietary supplements.
- Ask your doctor or nurse about the use of stool softeners or laxatives.
- If the diet cannot be modified in this way, adding bulk laxatives may be necessary; they can prevent worsening of the condition.
- However, bulimics then ‘purge’ the food they have eaten through self-induced vomiting or by taking laxatives.
- Giving hospital patients laxatives and sedatives cries out for scientific scrutiny, to prove that their routine use is not harmful.
- In fact, using laxatives unnecessarily can actually cause constipation.
- When taking a medical history, it is also important to take a dietary history to ask about the use of laxatives or diuretics.
- Does she take laxatives or diuretics to lose weight?
- Haemorrhoids should be managed conservatively, using laxatives and dietary fibre.
- In the United States, more than $800 million is spent on laxatives each year.
- Make sure the patient receives adequate fiber in their diet, but avoid laxatives and enemas.
- Your doctor may also ask you if you take any medicines such as birth control pills, laxatives or diet pills.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.