In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pastel relleno masculino
- It's a heart-shaped layer cake, with pink frosting and frou-frou Valentine-y decorations, and it is served by hacking it in two with a cleaver.
- Sitting there on the little round dinning table was a beautiful three-step layer cake.
- And for dessert, we have banana layer cake with caramel cream and pecans.
- Norman was very angry that the house wasn't cleaned and his three layer cake was burned, but even more so by the fact that Shirley left the house without his permission.
- My mother, ever wise, bought a first-edition copy, and sometime thereafter I began celebrating my birthdays with its raspberries-and-cream-cheese layer cake.
- And then, just as we should have paid up and left happy, we discovered that Jenni's serves some of the very best old-fashioned layer cakes in town.
- Carol and Laura had prepared a casserole and a chocolate layer cake, respectively.
- There should just be a party with jello shots and tequila and chocolate layer cake and music.
- No dessert combines elegance and charm quite like a homemade layer cake.
- He discerned the grid in the layer cake, the order in the display case.
- She prescribes sponge layer cakes or a tray of muffins to make the cook feel good and win the love and admiration of everyone around.
- We made a layer cake and arranged it on a thick piece of cardboard covered with aluminum foil.
- Within a decade the slow-baked casserole and the homemade layer cake disappeared along with the starched party dress, and no one seemed to miss them.
- In Vienna, the locals sit at little marble tables in cafes drinking tiny cups of coffee and eating a low, dense layer cake very much like this Dark Chocolate Torte.
- A slice of each six-inch-high layer cake weighs almost a pound, for goodness sakes.
- I wanted to make everything from scratch: brioche, croissants, Danish, pies, layer cakes, and of course bread.
- Okay, so you can't get your mind off that yummy looking apple pie or double chocolate layer cake - so have it.
- Special features of the Austrian cuisine include the layer cakes such as Sachertorte for which Vienna is famous.
- Aaron and Rachel had already cut out a slice of a beautiful white layer cake and shared the first dance.
- A piece of cake: with foolproof recipes from Sunset's test kitchen, glamorous layer cakes are easier than you think
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.