In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(que contiene óxido de plomo y es muy preciado) cristal masculino
- Lead is found in lead-based paint, contaminated soil, household dust, drinking water, lead crystal, and lead-glazed pottery.
- The outlet features the very latest exclusive designs in lead crystal glasses which are manufactured in Rayong, with the vast majority of pieces destined for the export market.
- ‘Modern’ British glassmaking had evolved gradually since George Ravenscroft and his assistant, John Baptista da Costa, had perfected the formula for ‘flint glass’, or lead crystal, in 1676.
- The center piece was comprised of three lead crystal vases of varying heights.
- Meanwhile a revolution in drinking glasses had emanated from the two southern English workshops of George Ravenscroft, who in 1675 had discovered how to make lead crystal.
- He pulled out the lead crystal paperweight from his pocket with his gloved hand.
- Consequently, the handcrafted lead crystal lamps are mounted on stylish polished nickel, which provides a perfect foil for the glass and creates an elegant yet contemporary visual effect.
- Vera's good china came out of storage, along with the lead crystal.
- Crafted from porcelain, lead crystal and other fine or precious materials in England, each egg is signed by the artist and comes with a certificate of authenticity.
- Coming to the chandeliers, they are exquisite ones in lead crystal, lamp, basket, bronze and porcelain frames.
- Crafted from Tipperary lead crystal and mounted on a bronze metallic base, the lamp was designed to create a clean and controlled source of lighting that would work in the home.
- The first was Ravencroft's formula for lead crystal, or ‘flint glass’, which was far more robust and lustrous than continental equivalents.
- Cut decoration has been the defining characteristic of English glassware since shortly after George Ravenscroft perfected the formula for lead crystal in 1676.
- I recommend the Sheer Indulgence hamper, which contains lead crystal champagne flutes, bottles of Bollinger Grande Année Rose 1995 and Grande Année 1995, white winter truffles and foie gras.
- The glassware is lead crystal and the napkins are linen and large - the same size as those on the Orient Express, Pascal assured me.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.