In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(before delivery)plazo de entrega masculinoexcessive lead times — demoras excesivas en las entregas femenino
2(before completion, production)período de gestación masculino
- In high tech, the assumption is that developing proprietary software and content gives you higher margins and a long lead time over rivals.
- In fact, freely exchanging data across the supply chain would reduce lead time, complexity, and costs on several fronts.
- The 200,000 tonnes is the lead time needed for the importation of maize seed in the event of any shortfall.
- ‘There is a shorter lead time in holidays these days’, he said.
- If the boards are sourced in Asia the lead time can rise to as much as 10 days.
- The lead time for one of those $30,000 creations is two months and counting.
- They are products with a long lead time so, if you pick a poor scheme, it could be many years before the full damage becomes apparent.
- It gives the vendor lead time to plan; your customer is a lot happier because he gets his product quicker.
- We are expecting a large contract to begin soon which involves the supply of expensive equipment with a lead time of about six months.
- In our business the lead time is very long and unless we have timed it right and judged our market correctly, it is a costly failure.
- The days when book orders had a one-to-one ratio are gone, but the company is still confident it can achieve a reasonable lead time of between six to 12 weeks.
- Those months in the production lead time must be absorbed each year, and without purchasing additional steel, there is no surge capability.
- But a journal article with a shorter lead time suffices for the purpose.
- Over the same period the lead time for supplying the goods has fallen from 14 days to between five and seven days.
- Knowing that every parent will be contacted immediately gives the director more flexibility to respond to each situation and can reduce the lead time in closing by several hours or more.
- Another Los Angeles garment maker produces hand-sewn fashion accessories with a lead time of less than five days.
- The lead time for these products will be measured in weeks.
- However, given the lead time needed to actually produce, film and edit television programs, decisions about content have to be made early, up to a year before the show hits the screens.
- Finally, as always, the more lead time the better the content and the lower the price.
- Well, I would hate to disillusion anyone, but magazines have a long lead time, so what hopefully is springtime for the reader is still the chili of winter for the writer.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.