In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Cine protagonista femeninoTeatro primera actriz femenino
- He does so superbly with a knowing and crisp delivery and with a different leading lady for almost every number.
- He had a much easier time with his leading lady in the film version of Evita.
- If you can't quite see the actors who are in deep shadow, and you can't quite make out what the leading lady is saying, the evening becomes a bit of an uphill climb.
- It won a Tony Award for Best Musical, and its leading lady took home the award for Best Lead Actress in a Musical.
- It is a worthy evening, full of humour and close to naughtiness, and provides both its leading ladies with a vehicle which they relish, and consequently, so do we.
- I wouldn't have even been enrolled in the academy if it weren't for one of the two leading ladies in that unofficial off-stage drama.
- She had graciously accepted the fact she wasn't a leading lady anymore and worked hard to become a fine character actress.
- Film bosses panicked when Billie, who is the leading lady in the film, disappeared for three hours in Romania but later returned.
- Her roles - typically a virtuous leading lady pursued by a hero who is thwarted at every turn by a cast of villains - have gripped audiences.
- 1926 saw her first major success and one that confirmed her status as a leading lady.
- There are two stars in the latest production - the leading lady and the scenery designer!
- Days away from the opening night of the end of term musical, the leading lady is knocked unconscious.
- But this is a good show that not only evokes Merman's artistry, but also reminds us that she helped transform Broadway leading ladies from demure innocents to tough and knowing broads.
- Where the show tends to weaken is in its leading ladies.
- It first came to my notice in the middle 1960s when it was on Broadway and had a dull leading lady.
- The leading ladies of the film all do a fine job of throwing their arms over their face while screeching like banshees when trouble arrives.
- The leading ladies only share a handful of songs including I'm Having A Good Time and I've Got A Mind to Ramble.
- There is only one thing seriously wrong with the show: the leading lady.
- Nowhere is his focus on fun better represented, however, than in his choice of leading ladies and character actors.
- For this dazzling 90-minute retrospective of his career to date, a magnificent round of British leading ladies join him.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.