In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1inclinación femeninoher political leanings — sus inclinaciones / tendencias políticas femenino
- her musical leanings — su inclinación por la música
- I felt a leaning toward the stage from an early age — desde pequeño sentí inclinación por el teatro
- There's nothing startling about the academy's ideological leanings.
- What are some leader leanings liable to leave an organization losing?
- You could eat an entire meal here without realizing that the food has Peruvian leanings.
1inclinadothe Leaning Tower of Pisa — la torre inclinada de Pisa
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.