In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1correa femeninotraílla femeninoto keep sb on a leash — mantener / tener a algn a raya
- I got a hold of his blue collar, and my mom came and attached the blue leash.
- Once he is used to wearing it, attach the leash to it and let him lead you throughout the area.
- After placing the training collar on the dog and attaching him to your waist, let go of the leash with both hands.
- All working dogs connected with Government departments were given an exemption, but the poor old farmer with a mob of sheep out on the road in Canterbury somewhere would have to put all his sheepdogs on leashes.
- First, practice with your dog on the leash or teaching lead.
- Simply attach the leash to the Shih Tzu's collar and allow him to walk around the house with it.
- The hounds, powerfully muscled mixed breeds, loll at the ends of leashes made of rope, leather or strips of colorful fabric.
- The last time I was in the Octagon in Dunedin, I saw a number of people with German shepherds on leashes.
- After the shih-tzu has come to you and obediently sat down, attach the leash and start the reward.
- A leash also lets you control the pace so your dog doesn't sprint ahead at the beginning and wear out.
- With the focus and attention towards off-leash walks and dog parks there seems to be a decline in the use and function of the leash.
- But they must be on leashes in controlled areas and kept away from our main swimming beaches.
- Once the leash is attached, it is important to make the shih-tzu walk calmly toward the door.
- Slipping on her pair of sandshoes she opened the outside door and attached the leash to her dog's collar.
- The young man groans at the sight of the pampered pooch, whom she already has attached to his leash.
- Dogs aren't allowed on the trail without a leash, both to prevent them from harassing other hikers and to keep the dogs themselves out of trouble.
- His right hand held a leash attached to a small white Havanese dog.
- They were fastened in their kennels with leashes and couldn't get out.
- In this experiment with dogs, each dog was led on a leash from a starting point along a straight path in a large field with no distinguishing landmarks and was shown a piece of food.
- Under the Dangerous Dog Act, dogs are required to be kept under control and on a leash at all times, unless in a specially designated area.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.