1she has the least money — es quien menos dinero tiene
2.1(smallest, slightest)más mínimothe least little thing would upset him — se disgustaba por la más mínima cosa / por lo más mínimo
- I haven't the least idea where she is — no tengo ni la más mínima idea de dónde está
- without the least difficulty — sin la menor dificultad
2.2literary (lowest, humblest)más humilde
1it's the least I can do — es lo menos que puedo hacer
- it's the least I'm willing to accept — es el precio mínimo que estoy dispuesto a aceptar
- Everyone knows what has to be done and how it is to be done with the least civil disruption.
- Thomson's theorem states that electrically charged particles arrange themselves so as to have the least energy.
2(in adv phrases)
1least of all you — tú menos que nadie
- when you least expect it — cuando menos te lo esperas
- Let us assure you that this was the least political meeting we have ever attended.
- I do no think he will feel the least uncomfortable for putting this line into his mouth.
- Surprisingly, Freddie came out as the least bizarre of all of us on this, as what you see tends to be what you get with her.
- This was, and still is, one of the least known of the wartime special regiments.
- Those who are entitled to tax credits are the least able to afford this delay.
- The Indian samosa is the lone vegetarian offering, and the least messy to eat on the go.
- The first site is the biggest collection of jars in one place, but also somehow the least atmospheric.
- As the drivers of old bangers are the least able to afford to invest heavily in a new car, this policy seems unfair.
- The most virtuous of mothers can be putty in the hands of the least virtuous of sons.
- The least treacherous way out of the impasse is a compromise that can be justified by the demands of the time.
- She's just about the the least interesting character they've ever had in there.
- Of all the tournaments in which the Scots will bid for glory this year, this may be the least prestigious.
- Paragliders are not cheap, though they represent one of the least expensive ways to get into the air.
- Why, then, do we continue to use the motifs of the Great War, the least defensible of all wars?
- There is a perception that Milan have the least arduous route to the final.
- Or maybe we could put all the most commonly used letters at the start and the least common ones at the end.
- Not the least remarkable thing about the internet is that it is awash with altruism.
- The scale has five levels with one being the least serious and five the most serious.
- It also points out that Croydon's system is the least costly of the tram networks mentioned.
- He seems sincerely to want to find something to warm to in the least likeable of his subjects.
2menosJohn is the least intelligent — John es el menos inteligente
- the least expensive of the three — el menos caro de los tres