In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Once active, even a small amount of leaven will be able to convert a very large quantity of new flour and water into fresh leaven overnight.
- Once a batch of bread has been mixed with the leaven, there are two ways in which the system can be perpetuated.
2literario(enlivening element)a leaven of wit — una chispa / un toque de ingenio
- It works like a leaven of forgiveness and nonviolence in a culture prone to revenge and retribution.
- A little leaven certainly has the power to affect the whole lump.
- After only five years of agitation, without abuse from us or any aggressive propagandism on our part, the leaven of this great truth has begun to work.
- Being in the world, the Christian acts within the culture as a leaven, trying to transform it by communicating to others the redemption brought by Christ.
1(dough) leudarher speech was leavened with lively anecdotes — aligeró su discurso con anécdotas divertidas
- There is only one time when leavened bread was offered, to represent the thanksgiving of the people.
- An extrusion method is used to obtain leavened dough products with desirable characteristics.
- He compares the rage of the people to a burning oven which the baker heats, until his dough is leavened and raised.
- The Hebrew word ‘hametz’ is translated as leavened bread and refers to food prepared from five species of grain - wheat, barley, oats, spelt, and rye - that has been allowed to leaven.
- As it ages, natural leavened bread will retain its moisture and keep well without refrigeration, quite opposed from the yeasted bread that stales and dries out within hours after its baking.
- By the way - if the batter is mixed for too long, the excess blending can cause the premature formation and escape of the carbon dioxide that is needed for leavening the pancakes.
- These ingredients have been used individually in the preparation of other yeast leavened dough products.
- With naturally leavened bread, the magic of bread baking - the leavening process - originates right here within the four walls of the bakery.
- Why does the Orthodox church use leavened bread and most Protestant fellowships use unleavened bread?
- Several dozen of the Haredim managed to make their way to a street where chametz, or leavened bread, is sold.
- An understanding of leavening ingredients and the interrelationship of other ingredients, preparation methods, heat and other factors, will help produce a final product of optimum quality.
- Air bubbles can also be trapped in beaten egg whites, a technique used to leaven angel food or sponge cakes.
- Another method of leavening is the use of whipped egg whites, which traps air in bubbles.
- The children of Israel left Egypt in a hurry and did not have time to leaven their bread.
- The Jews Jesus was speaking to would have viewed leavened bread as profane; it was unleavened bread that was sacred.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.