In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(en la que se permite sacar libros en préstamo) biblioteca pública femenino
- Jack Spade opened a lending library in his store.
- An adjoining glassed-in conference room serves as a second facility, doubling as both a classroom and a lending library.
- The children's library has returned to the corner of the lending library from which it was removed as out-of-date in the 1960s.
- They could, however, afford to pay a fee to a lending library.
- Why don't we create a foundation to be a lending library for museums?
- In 1860 a lending library was begun and in 1966 the biggest book club operation in Britain began.
- The ground floor is the lending library with a self-service cafe, and separate reading areas for children and teenagers.
- The Reference library is, as the name suggests, not a lending library but made up of archives, periodicals and other research materials.
- Inside, it boasted a lending library as well as a newspaper room.
- In addition to being a lending library it is today a repository for hundreds of historical photographs.
- Music books are now with other non-fiction subjects in the lending library, and music reference books are now in the Reference Library.
- We can only hope this includes restocking the lending library with lots of new books.
- Despite being a little costlier than using the conventional libraries, the lending libraries are prospering.
- Canon Draper said the lending library would be closed to make savings, but the conservation studio and archives would remain open.
- The horizontal block consists of a large double-height space housing the main lending library.
- Founded by Henry King Lewis in 1844, it was also a lending library.
- They created lending libraries, bands, choirs, self-education study groups, and drama groups.
- At that time the library consisted of four main departments - lending library, reading room, patents library and small students room.
- The public lending library is located in the principal basement, with all deliveries one level beneath, while major book storage is off-site.
- By joining your local lending library, you can borrow several books at a time without charge, unless you return them late and get fined.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.