In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1indulgencia femeninolenidad femenino formalleniency to / toward sb — lenidad con/hacia algn formal
- So I think the rules of engagement give the military the leniency they need to accomplish their mission.
- He's publicly turned down a deal for leniency in exchange for information on his surveillance activities.
- There is the famous joke about the man who kills his parents and then looks for leniency at his murder trial because he is an orphan.
- South Africa too, will seek more leniency in international trade of elephant products.
- The son pleads guilty, tearfully begging for leniency based on his claim that his father molested him.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.