In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Another lens accessory the camera person may consider using is a lens hood.
- A special lens or lens hood is used to achieve a gradual light falloff toward the corners of the image frame.
- The primary use for a lens hood is to prevent light from hitting the front lens element from the sides.
- This camera is fairly compact, but the large lens hood, camera length and styling lend themselves somewhat to a pro look.
- A good lens hood can nearly eliminate flare caused by stray light from outside the angle of view.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.