In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cuaresmalLenten food — comida cuaresmal / de cuaresma femenino
- Pastor Pilsner was busy Monday working on his Wednesday Lenten service sermon.
- Preachers may choose to continue the Lenten theme of baptism by examining the Epistle reading.
- More than one million people will be reading this Lenten issue of The Word Among Us.
- As at many other congregations, Lenten services were routinely preceded by a light supper.
- This great Lenten hymn should be made a model for personal reassessment during Lent.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.