In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1lentivirus masculinovirus lento masculino
- As long as the HIV lentivirus lived in monkeys, it was not a threat for humans.
- Svendsen and his team approached the problem using a genetically engineered viral structure known as a lentivirus.
- Much research in the meantime had been directed to treatments for HLTV - 3 in a futile effort, because it was a lentivirus after all.
- Can't HIV, which is really a lentivirus, infect non-dividing cells?
- One feature that distinguishes lentiviruses such as HIV from the other retroviruses is the complexity of the lentiviral genome.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.