In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It was felt the likely cause of the abscess was an open lesion from the patient's severe eczema.
- We also recorded the presence and severity of scabies, abscesses, and fungal lesions.
- Indeed, patients with coronary disease have numerous lesions, but only a few cause angina.
- The most common presenting lesions are papules, vesicles, pustules, and nodules.
- The region of the lesion is injected with a blue dye and radioisotope tracer.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.