In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1carta bomba femenino
- After a woman is killed by a letter bomb, Goren and Eames find someone is going through great lengths to discredit an organization called the Foundation.
- Four weeks ago, a letter bomb addressed to Mr Attwood was sent to the Belfast headquarters of the Policing Board.
- The CIA had trained their field agents to recognize letter bombs and other forms of covert technology, but nothing from Jack's training raised red flags about this envelope.
- He also alleged that letter bombs had been sent to his home over the years by ‘sinister forces’.
- On the letter bomb front, army bomb disposal experts were called on to disarm a letter bomb sent to an unnamed agricultural business and a farm.
- More than 100 officers worked on the hunt for McAuliffe, who was arrested three weeks after the first letter bomb was delivered early in September.
- Over a period of five to seven years, particular tactics, such as arson attacks and letter bombs, come to the fore, run their course, then fade away.
- The identity of the American Unabomber was assisted by the analysis of saliva left on a letter bomb he sent that did not explode.
- Striking firemen have been warned to watch out for letter bombs after three Yorkshire men received devices through the post.
- They were also warned to beware of letter bombs and ‘shooting attacks’.
- This article describes an anarchist letter bomb of 1919.
- A third letter bomb was discovered before it blew up.
- A letter bomb would be quite heavy, with a thickness of more than 3 cm and dimensions of at least 10 by 15 cm.
- In the 1998 mail bomb explosion at the Canberra Mail Centre two postal workers were seriously injured when a letter bomb exploded during the normal sorting of mail.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.