In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tipografía femeninoimpresión tipográfica femenino(method/printing) (before noun) tipográfico
- The first edition of the album sleeve was done by letterpress, an old and rather inefficient means of printing.
- Photography liberated painting from strict representation to become abstract and impressionist; television made movies into art as well, and digital printing makes us reverse woodtype, lead, and letterpress.
- Printing on aluminum foil can be accomplished by any commercial process, including rotogravure, flexography, lithography, and letterpress.
- Only a few artists have used letterpress in such a visually creative way.
- I think perhaps this explains my addiction to letterpress.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.