In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Here the aged lanes striate, as if geologically, in tight rows of narrow Levantine houses.
- Most notable is the distinction between the Levantine coast and the inland region of Syria, which is marked just east of Aleppo where the agricultural plain meets the desert.
- In the 1600s and 1700s, the Druze were the most powerful community on the Levantine coast.
- This essay has detailed the various agendas in Levantine historiographies as related to the sultana's career.
- After all, with all due respect, who is this Levantine nation and what does it understand anyway?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.