In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1paso a nivel masculinocrucero masculino México
- Mr Irwin said that calls to replace unmanned level crossings with bridges and underpasses was unreasonable and unrealistic.
- A motorist has been fined £250 after admitting building his own level crossing over railway tracks and causing a train crash.
- Residents have called for the Junction Road level crossing to be replaced by a bridge or tunnel as part of a new-look town centre.
- Road vehicles misusing level crossings are the single biggest risk to the railway of a major train crash
- The large number of level crossings presented considerable hazards to pedestrians and road users.
- More frequent train services could affect traffic on the State highway because there are 83 railway level crossings along the way.
- Motorists jump red lights and get stuck on level crossings.
- Firstly, the week began with the aftermath of the train crash, where seven people died, and a debate has ensued into how safe the railways, in particular level crossings, are.
- Reports of a youth on the line at a level crossing yesterday sparked an alert on the railways.
- The railway safety programme will get €142m to continue upgrading lines, signalling, level crossings and other installations.
- Heavy congestion is often experienced in Station Road, Cross Hills, and at the Kildwick level crossing on the Airedale railway line.
- It is not clear how the accident happened but there were no gates at the level crossing, the railway operator said.
- The Safe Transport Action Group was formed after the death of two wheelchair users at pedestrian railway level crossings.
- Because of this, you need to be very careful around railway level crossings to avoid a very serious crash.
- Police have had to set up new roadblocks after a busy railway level crossing was damaged by traffic ignoring road closures.
- The railway level crossing at Cononley has barriers and traffic lights.
- The van driver tried to cross the level crossing ahead of the train, according to an eyewitness.
- The background voice explains how the ‘mishap’ could have been averted, followed by demonstration of standard safety procedures laid down by the railways at level crossings.
- Police say the man was heading south in a Toyota landcruiser at Wiangaree, when he lost control near the railway level crossing.
- Whilst I note your doubts of achieving a relief road for the level crossing, you will hopefully agree that the Craven Area Committee members have been very supportive of resolving this issue.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.