In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ligereza femeninofrivolidad femenino
- There is no excuse or reason for levity or humour on a day like yesterday.
- Each of those movies was scary, but with the right note of levity to keep them out of straight horror territory.
- I just want you to know the consequences of levity in this matter.
- By resisting the temptation to be weightily profound, the story succeeds in telling useful truths with a touch of levity.
- That's why excessive laughter and misplaced levity can lead to immoral behavior.
- There are moments of levity, but they don't last long.
- One difference, however, is the note of realism and levity that tempers every show.
- We tried to offer readers lively coverage and bring some levity to some of the serious issues.
- Though labelled ‘light comedy’, no trace of levity could be detected anywhere in the festival.
- When an awkward silence falls over the room, he tries to inject levity.
- Maybe it was too much levity given the subject matter.
- There was, on occasion, a note of levity in police actions.
- The levity was perfectly timed and dispelled the worries of the group.
- As bad and as damaging as this in-house report is, we are told that it was all a matter of levity and humour.
- She may not even want levity or jokes or funny movies or perhaps even interaction with former friends.
- He laughed, knowing her admission was an effort to inject some levity back into a situation that had grown uncomfortably serious.
- Although everyone seems to think yoga is serious business, there is room for levity.
- Despite the undercurrent of levity, the activists were quite serious in their intent.
- There's only so much levity that's appropriate at a moment like this.
- His conflicted expression is suddenly interrupted by a flash of levity.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.