In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Efforts to liberalize the economy and democratize the political system have led to corruption and exacerbated the gap in wealth between government officials and the citizens.
- The government of South Africa has implemented market-oriented food policies and has liberalized trade.
- Ominously, the party had also announced its intention to liberalize the sector.
- They reduced inflation, introduced harmonious industrial relations, and liberalized the financial markets.
- Johnston predicts that Japan will be compelled to liberalize its strict immigration policies.
- However, this situation changed in 2000 when the South Korean government liberalized its policy.
- Even before the war, the movement to liberalize world trade further had stalled.
- As for the poor countries themselves, those that had liberalised their domestic economies and opened up to foreign trade and investment had enjoyed the best growth rates over the past few decades.
- Other countries are liberalizing their economies, providing a more business-friendly environment.
- Immigration rates remained low until 1965, when Congress liberalized immigration policies.
- He introduced many new reforms which attempted to modernize and liberalize the system rather than destroy it.
- Would you suggest that we liberalize our markets like the electricity deregulation in California?
- Yushchenko is a pro-Western reformist who wants to liberalize the economy and fight corruption.
- Under new licensing laws designed to liberalise the system, all establishments which sell alcohol or hot food will have to apply to renew their permits by August 6 or cease trading in November.
- Instead, they liberalized their laws, allowing drinking establishments to maintain longer hours.
- He wanted to liberalise the Soviet economy without corresponding political reform.
- There is suspicion that the government is trying to meet demands of the International Monetary Fund, which are to liberalize the financial service sector in the widest sense possible.
- As indicated, many countries have liberalized their economies in recent years by removing exchange controls and limits on the movement of capital.
- If you would just liberalize your economies, we wouldn't have this problem.
- Since the end of the Second World War, we've liberalized trade in most areas.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.