In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(right)derecho de retención masculinoto put a lien on sth — embargar algo
- The lien may be claimed and maintained so long as the article remains in the possession of the lien claimant.
- The solicitors have claimed a lien on their file until their fees, which are substantial, are paid.
- The plaintiff was legally entitled to register a lien for the proper amount.
- It applies to all liens, including equitable liens where there may be proprietary interests.
- Mrs. D. will transfer her interest in the matrimonial home to Mr. D. provided that she can lift the Legal Aid liens on the property to a payment agreement form.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.