In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cadena perpetua femenino
- It is this factor alone which could justify a maximum sentence of life imprisonment.
- The Applicant was convicted of the murder of an elderly man in 1980 and sentenced to life imprisonment.
- The two soldiers were sentenced to life imprisonment for murder in 1995.
- In others, such as those in the United Kingdom, it is the mandatory sentence of life imprisonment.
- He was sentenced to life imprisonment on each count and the judge recommended a minimum custodial term of 20 years.
- He said manslaughter carried a maximum sentence of life imprisonment but that he was lenient on him as he was a first offender.
- On each of the murder counts, he was sentenced to concurrent terms of life imprisonment.
- Although he was sentenced to life imprisonment, he has never served a day behind bars for the crimes.
- He was sentenced to life imprisonment, though this was reduced to permanent house-arrest at his villa in Arcetri.
- In February 1995 he was convicted of murder and sentenced to life imprisonment.
- On 4 May 1999 the three defendants were inevitably sentenced to life imprisonment for murder.
- However the maximum sentence available was life imprisonment.
- He could be executed, he could be sentenced to life imprisonment in an American jail or he could be exonerated.
- He faces a maximum sentence of life imprisonment if convicted, but has yet to enter a plea.
- Police today issued a picture of a man sentenced to life imprisonment for attempted murder.
- We consider first the submission that the judge should have imposed sentences of life imprisonment.
- In that case it was dealing with an offender who had been convicted of murder and given what was in effect a sentence of life imprisonment.
- He has now been given the maximum sentence for that crime - life imprisonment.
- The large commercial quantity carried life imprisonment as a maximum.
- He spoke out after one of the two men was sentenced to life imprisonment for murder, and the other, a minor, detained indefinitely.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.