In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1despegue masculinowe have liftoff — hemos completado el despegue
- He is preparing for lift-off on Thursday 25 April in a Russian Soyuz spacecraft on a mission codenamed Marco Polo that will replace the emergency rescue vehicle for the resident crew.
- The next two lift-offs occurred around the 17th.
- After lift-off, the heavy weight will result in a relatively slow acceleration to the speed for best angle of climb.
- At lift-off, the inner envelope is only filled to 6% of its total volume.
- Such movements up the ladder create a lift-off of understanding, an effect some writers call ‘altitude.’
- The launch timing is dictated by both the position of the space station and NASA's desire to hold a daylight lift-off so it can photograph the spacecraft during its climb to orbit and watch out for possible damage.
- Approximately 75 minutes after lift-off, when separation from the launcher is confirmed, the ATV becomes a fully automated spaceship.
- Now the former England Under-21 is hoping his goal and City's triumph will mark an overdue lift-off for both himself and the club.
- Discovery's journey, which began with a lift-off on July 26, spanned 219 orbits of Earth and 5.8 million miles.
- The first stage has provided the initial lift-off.
- Less than 10 minutes after lift-off the payload parachuted safely back to Earth, and the suborbital flight was over.
- The satellite is to be injected into a Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit about 17 minutes after the lift-off.
- To be awarded the honour of being a European City of Culture has been a great success for some such as Lille, who used it as a lift-off to greater things, but for so many it has meant nothing, or at least has lacked any lasting influence.
- The lift-off took place with a Disco at Tramore Racecourse and ninety teenagers supported the fund raising venture and thoroughly enjoyed themselves without the merest hint of a hiccup.
- In contrast, in the sixth trial, the force and force rate functions observed for the two cubes were similar prior to lift-off, and lift-off occurred at about the same time.
- After some scenes of preparing for the next launch, we see the lift-off as well, sticking with the shuttle well past the separation of the solid rocket boosters.
- Another helicopter and a C - 130 transport plane collided in the nighttime lift-off.
- Two days and counting until lift-off for the Space Shuttle Discovery.
- When asset valuations are very low, stock prices do not tend to fall easily and bull market lift-offs can be very violent when they do arise.
- If all goes well with the test, the countdown will continue to a lift-off at 16: 39 CEST on Tuesday.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.