In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in the same way)asimismode la misma manera
- The faces from the photographs become likewise etched into your mind.
- Religious and cultural services are likewise well represented.
- He came from a family of stockbreeders and learned the secrets of good stockmanship from his father Tom, who likewise had it handed down.
- Additionally, modifying entry and catch may likewise greatly reduce impingement.
- With a career likewise increasing in scope, chances are she has begun finally to justify that moniker of ‘rising star’.
- Her husband, likewise, was vetoed because of his alleged lack of loyalty to the current supreme religious leader.
- He heard a soft grunt, looked over and saw Bolke sitting down beside him, likewise using a tree to lean against.
- The triangle at the Weighbridge was tended to last week, grass cut, edges trimmed, and likewise it is looking lovely and clean.
- Any potential growth in Catholic emancipation will, likewise, now take place in a context where Catholic are inevitably a marginal group.
- Major American brands today are owned by Europeans; likewise, Americans own major European icons.
- That list is as impressive as Australia's record on the global sporting stage, but why can't our companies do likewise?
- Both of them believe that everyone should have a dream and likewise, everyone should work towards making it happen.
- He has developed these attributes with age and maybe some of our younger backs will do likewise.
- Iran, likewise, has agreed to additional nuclear safeguards.
- Changes could lead to additional liability, mismanagement of the contract likewise.
- Furthermore, our kids likewise seem to be bonding a little too closely with the television set.
- Moreover, we ordinary humans cannot likewise petition God for proof to solidify our faith.
- It likewise informs the Prison Service of the age of the children for whom it should provide facilities.
- The group's policies on banking and education likewise bode harm to the poor - and to urban America.
- There is little comparison between the life my parents led and that which I pursued and likewise with the life my own daughter has enjoyed.
2(the same)to do likewise — hacer otro tanto
- pleased to meet you — likewise — encantado de conocerlo — lo mismo digo
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.