In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1locutor de continuidad masculino
- The former CIA Head of Station in Peru, believed to have been the linkman for the agency with Montesinos, has also refused to testify in a Peruvian court.
- Last season the 34-year-old was linkman for O'Connor, who believes Brewster was his perfect foil.
- Being such a linkman endowed Zhou with the privilege of freely passing through the pits and team buildings and exploring the inner organization of the team.
- After all, as the British government's linkman he also helped to arm them, but that is another and much less edifying story.
- The main linkman in the Caribbean also called in on the illegal bank as did other visitors from the London wing of the operation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.