- David feels like he is in another world, noiseless except for the scuffing of the barber's shoes on the lino and the snap of his scissors.
- On a red lino floor, strips of white fax paper mark intervals, and the bright threads of dozens of reels of varying sizes - which could be seen as visual metaphors for people or events - lie in intricate tangles.
- I don't care about rotten window frames, leaky roof tiles, the magnolia paint in the hall, the dirty lino in the kitchen.
- Needless to say there must be no foot traffic on the floors until 24 hours after the lino has been completed.
- It has to be said that his cornering ability when at speed on the lino needs some improvement.
- I was chatting to my mum the other day about the day she got the lino salesman round with his book of tile-effect, brick-effect and patterned flooring.
- If you didn't work on the railway, you worked in the lino factory.
- The lino was torn and more floorboards had been lifted.
- David knocked the engine with his hand and the burner fell off the desk onto the lino covered floor.
- The wooden panelling from the ship and even the lino floor covering was removed in those austere post-war days and taken back to Pewsey to be re-used.
- We sat on pandanus mats on the lino floor and talked about Britain and Samoa.
- Inside: three plastic chairs and a fruit machine on a lino floor pock-marked with cigarettes burns.
- A continuous background hum of machines and the soft voices of nurses was punctuated occasionally by the shrill of a telephone, or shoes padding across the lino floor.
- On Friday, some nice lads turned up and laid a screed on the kitchen floor, before laying the lino on Monday.
- It has taken us back to our childhood in Carlisle in the 1940s and 1950s when you were scared to get out of bed in the morning in case your bare feet froze on the lino.
- We walked across the sticky lino floor to the lift and went to the third floor.
- A huge puddle of amber liquid flowed out onto the lino.
- In this fiefdom he was able to pursue his own projects, and soon the whirring of robots could be heard across the lino floors of the cybernetics department.
- The company's 300 stores are being revamped too with the old-fashioned lino floors making way for sanded wood and white-painted walls.
- Some reviewers noted a number of errors in the hardback - mostly minor, such as misreporting the colour of the lino in the Treasury.