In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1aceite de linaza masculino
- The group has also made hard plastics from tung oil and linseed oil.
- The linseed oil from the paint has leached onto the surrounding paper, creating a greasy aureole.
- Following the directions on the label for cleaning; or use a solution of equal parts of boiled linseed oil and mineral spirits.
- An oil room had a collection of various lubricants, including linseed oil, whale oil, lard, molasses, tallow, and grease.
- Oil paints are made up of a suspension of pigments in an oil such as linseed oil that dries.
- This volume belongs in a separate category because it is explicitly addressed to painters and anyone who wonders what it is like to be a painter who loves the colors and textures of oil paint and linseed oil.
- Light cigarette burns which have not penetrated the finish may be removed with a thin paste of rotten-stone, soda or cigarette ashes mixed with mineral oil or linseed oil.
- Although boiled linseed oil will work, mineral oil is preferred because it will not turn rancid.
- There she was, creating magic on the canvas by mixing oil paints with linseed oil.
- However, deeper layers of paint were protected from light-induced degradation, as evidenced by the survival of double bonds in linseed oil.
- The night she painted her now infamous Diana painting, the air was thick with the smell of turps, linseed oil and paint.
- To relieve tight and spasmed muscles due to sporting activities, massage well with a mixture of equal parts of rosemary essential oil and linseed oil.
- Glazes are made of oil-based paints mixed with linseed oil and are more transparent than washes.
- Brush linseed oil or a fast-drying paint primer on any bare wood exposed in the process.
- I watched my grandfather mix paint from linseed oil and pigment.
- Remove tarnish with a commercial pewter polish or a paste made of rotten-stone and boiled linseed oil or olive oil.
- He then overpaints those scratchings and doodles with aluminum pigment mixed with linseed oil, black paint and beeswax, frequently leaving much of the raw canvas untouched or exposed.
- Her eyes challenged me, potent, like a peregrine falcon's, but the beguiling scent of turps and linseed oil drew me to her canvas.
- He mixed the paints with linseed oil, making them translucent and dilute.
- Re-oil yearly with boiled linseed oil, tung oil, or a product recommended by the manufacturer.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.