In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Radiooyente femeninoradioyente masculinoradioescucha femenino
- She now has 5.4 million listeners, down 430,000 on the previous quarter.
- According to her, the number of Bulgarian listeners has remained very high over the years.
- This one stumped Geoff a bit and if any listeners have an idea let us know.
- But judging from the ratings they did so to the liking and approval of many listeners.
- Often, in the run-up to Christmas, it's listeners looking for the best place to by a gadget on line on the cheap.
- I think I should remind listeners just how dangerous it can be.
- Strange misunderstandings step into the gap between the broadcaster's mouth and the listener's ear.
- Will we alienate our loyal, core listeners if we dramatically change our story content?
- The distinctive wallets usually arrive on listeners ' doormats on Fridays.
- The highlight of the radio dramas was that they were scripted with a specific message to listeners.
- In the feature, listeners vote to hear either a very cheesy or a very classy track.
- Her theme was Nutrition for Older People and she dealt with a number of queries from her listeners.
- Will he be able to keep radio listeners tuned in?
- Talk radio is enjoying a coast-to-coast resurgence with millions of loyal listeners tuning in to their favorite topics.
- The services will offer listeners more choice and variety, with an interference-free sound.
- To those who are avid radio listeners, the programmes have a quality of their own.
- This's why he's thrilled that listeners are sending him their own CDs and making him discover new music.
- We can't do what we do without our listeners getting behind us and supporting us financially.
- In fact, advertisers' desire for young listeners has led radio stations to offer a proliferation of new formats.
- There is so much sickness that I want to remind listeners that everyone has goodness in them.
2(in conversation)he's a good listener — es una persona que sabe escuchar
- both her listeners were very surprised — las dos personas que la escuchaban se sorprendieron mucho
- It didn't take long for these guys to fill the room with attentive listeners, or run out of merch.
- Her vocal delivery is straightforward and unadorned, thereby drawing the listener's ear to the content of the lyrics.
- He turned out to be a very attentive listener.
- The listeners grow suspicious with his self-defence story and discover the truth concerns them all.
- Music and dance helped forge a common bond among listeners, and everyone was enraptured.
- A 1992 law allows music listeners to make some personal digital copies of their music.
- Make sure you have the listener's attention before you start speaking.
- They engage creatively with the limitations of the audio channel to command the listener's attention.
- The long format used to tell a story, taking the listener on an emotional journey.
- African music is unique in the way it instantly creates a special, moving link with listeners.
- She was always a good listener who had many words of wisdom to impart.
- The title track is a vastly underrated song with some catchy chord changes and choruses to keep the listener interested.
- Even attentive listeners can be overwhelmed by too many rules.
- Rather, music appreciation is developed by educating the listener in three main areas.
- The conclusion seems to be that music listeners have a very bright future.
- When they succeed they leave the listener wanting them to stretch out and expand the idea a bit more.
- Rapport between teller and listeners is based on trust, interest and on respect for character as well as skills.
- Are listeners really going to mistake what the questioner is saying?
- Nevertheless, the attentive listener will recognize the feeling of satisfaction when the final tonic is reached.
- Such restraint could mean the casual listener is unlikely to give this a second spin.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.