In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It boasts a collection of more than 50,000 antique images that include steel and wood engravings, lithographs, photographs and illustrations.
- Exhibiting original prints, like lithographs, etchings and digital prints, as well as photography by more than 80 artists, the Print Center is the oldest gallery of its kind in the country.
- Anatomical artists pay homage to the body hidden under the skin with woodcuts, copper engravings, lithographs, photographs, and digital imaging.
- Hundreds of exhibitors and thousands of attendees weaved through aisles featuring mouldings, equipment, posters, serigraphs, lithographs, original art and more.
- Other than paintings and sculptures, the artist produced a number of prints for which he used different techniques: lithographs, screenprints, etchings and woodcuts.
- Since draughtsmanship was the foundation of all his art, engravings, etchings, lithographs, linocuts, and drawings poured from him in astonishing quantity and quality.
- He was skilled in the art of a number of different printing techniques such as woodcuts, lithographs and mezzotints.
- Not only are her paintings immensely popular, selling for at least $100,000, but she also creates serigraphs, stone lithographs, and limited-edition prints.
- His graphic works consist of woodcuts, lithographs and etchings.
- The 2,000-square-foot gallery is dedicated to exhibiting a full range of his fine art, including paintings, original stone lithographs, silk screens and giclees.
- The 62-year-old artist, famous for his lithograph and etching prints, contributed a series of ink drawings of Shanghai for the exhibition.
- Dali prints were created in different techniques: mostly etchings, but also engravings, woodcuts, lithographs and mixed-media.
- The building also houses Flatbed Press, a publishing workshop that collaborates with artists to produce limited editions of original etchings, lithographs, woodcuts and monoprints.
- So a print is basically a lithograph, an etching, an engraving, a drawing on stone or metal that can then be printed.
- The translated editions will use the original color lithographs, printed and bound in Germany on the same paper, by the same printer used in the original editions.
- By the time he died in 1973 he had produced a substantial body of original etchings, lithographs and linocuts, which rank with the greatest prints of the 20th Century.
- Now, tens of thousands of people have these paintings hanging in their homes, either the originals, lithographs, canvas prints, or posters.
- In addition to paintings, he produced a large number of prints - etchings, lithographs, and woodcuts.
- The quality of prints produced, only original serigraphs or lithographs, stands out in the industry to provide collectors with true works of art.
- He applied his signature collage style to creating lithographs and silkscreen prints that combined familiar images from popular culture and current events in an original and radical manner.
- Collaged and lithographed breasts pucker three dimensionally on Nepalese paper with a skinlike texture.
- These posters were lithographed by the hundreds of thousands and pasted onto both doors of every freight car leaving the ports.
- Despite the considerable number of Arabic lithographed books and their importance to scholarship, this form of printed literature has received little attention.
- I also love all the hand-painted and lithographed theatre programmes.
- If there has been rain, the landscape takes on a serene, lithographed look.
- Many had lithographed pictorial covers original and vital enough to establish an American school.
- I think of all the disreputable low-cost manufacturers you might take this to and what they would say about this beautiful quarter walnut and multiple-layer laminate plywood: ‘Some lithographed laminate will look just as good.’
- As the photograph began rendering lithographed and engraved views obsolete, it would be up to others to exploit the change.
- The lithographed posters are entirely hand printed, one color and one sheet at a time, on an old German litho press using 320 grain Coventry Rag Vellum paper.
- Depicting a confident Houdini at the peak of his career, the stamp is based on a 1911 lithographed poster.
- This Memorandum outlines and explains the methods by which the value for duty of printed or lithographed matter of paper is determined.
- I had all these thoughts [notes] lithographed and with the same ink as the originals.
- Its price was $3 colored, and it was followed in 1850 by another Trobriand Niagara, The Falls of Niagara, which, lithographed by Leon Jean Baptiste Sabatier, cost only $2.50 colored.
- The game - sometimes with a game board, sometimes without - consisted of decks of lithographed cards on which were depicted comical or serious likenesses of women in pairs and a single ‘Old Maid.’
- While I was down at Sorrento, and under the watchful eyes of this delightfully lithographed bird, I took a call from a mate in Melbourne who has been seeing a young lady on and off for a few months.
- These are inexpensive tin flashlights with lithographed designs.
- These complement the Bookplate File, a collection of more than twenty thousand of these miniature engraved and lithographed gems dating from the 1500s to the present.
- The name plates could be either lithographed or etched; etching cost 54 cents extra.
- Contrasting with the latter's refinement, lithographed illustrations were produced in large numbers and served as a powerful medium of popular iconography.
- Warhol not only painted and lithographed and sketched, he produced and he photographed, dabbling in both music (The Velvet Underground, Nico) and film.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.