In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- For an artist to be able to inspire poetry of the eye while employing a multilayered technical process as complicated as lithography, that's sheer genius.
- The approach uses lithography to etch a pattern onto the platter.
- Over 10,000 means that we could switch from letter press to offset lithography, a process which depends on the immiscibility of greasy ink and water on a lithographic plate.
- In the past, we've seen her deriving images from the media, sandblasting text and images onto mirror surfaces and working with photo-serigraphy and lithography.
- For graphics on paperboard cartons, users request flexography, lithography and hot stamping as well as thermochromatic and food-contact inks.
- The Japanese government established a governmental printing department and lithography was used by the Japanese army.
- Imprint lithography also involves fewer process steps, further reducing the overall cost of the technology.
- He also had international exposure as he studied intaglio printmaking lithography and ceramics in Israel.
- Invented in the late 18th century, stone or plate lithography uses an inked slab of limestone or a specially treated metal plate to transfer an image to paper.
- Touch plates or added color embellishments are not uncommon in offset lithography.
- Imprint lithography is a process in which a liquid is dispensed onto a substrate.
- In 1888 there were more than 100 publishers in Tokyo alone who used lithography.
- The actual process of printing by offset lithography is not new, but has been hugely refined in terms of quality and speed.
- In conventional lithography, features that are not anchored are washed away in intermediate development steps.
- In offset lithography, a printing process commonly used for mass production, the image is taken from the plate by a rubber roller that then transfers the image to the paper.
- Traditional fakes come from a process called offset lithography that produces phony dollars without the ‘raised ink’ feel of genuine bills.
- "The standard quality for most contemporary maps is offset lithography," he said.
- Printing on aluminum foil can be accomplished by any commercial process, including rotogravure, flexography, lithography, and letterpress.
- The main types of printmaking are screenprinting, lithography, intaglio and relief.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.