In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The Judge is entitled to run the court in an efficient way for the benefit of litigants.
- The courts have become increasingly aware that this is in the interests of the litigants and society as a whole, particularly in the personal injury field.
- I understand the frustration felt by many litigants in family law proceedings.
- That would be determined, we would say, for the benefit of all litigants.
- Some of those litigants have their counterparts in the profession.
- Here the objective is to facilitate access to justice for litigants who have suffered loss in large-scale international accidents.
- I understood him to agree that the letters of opinion provided by both litigants had afforded little assistance to the court.
- A law with respect to vexatious litigants may be a law designed to promote access to the courts.
- Thus, the more restrictive provisions as to solicitor litigants in person were applicable.
- The Supreme Court Act 1981 provides litigants with the means to gain discovery of evidence that they need to make their claim.
- They are for the external direction of litigants and litigators.
- I was unable to obtain a lawyer in these matters because Legal Aid does not provide legal aid to litigants who are in civil matters.
- And what about personal injury litigants who are being tailed legitimately?
- To accede to the request of the defendants would put the access to justice by most litigants out of reach.
- It indemnifies successful litigants for the cost of litigation.
- Family and friends for both litigants have testified in a supportive way for each.
- So judges and magistrates are not subject to litigation from disgruntled litigants.
- It will merely deny access to justice to the most deserving of all litigants - the reluctant claimant.
- The upshot was that it was no longer to be thought of in terms of Crown immunity but whether the public interest overrode the ordinary rights of litigants.
- We do not have the luxury of the system, which can provide instant access to litigants, in terms of courtrooms, judges and jury panels.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.