In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
2(those without power)it's always the little people who suffer — los que pagan las consecuencias son siempre los de abajo
- It's not about big politics, it's about little people.
- Firstly, in romanticising themselves as ‘the little people,’ protesters were invoking the age-old myth of a downtrodden minority able to defeat their oppressors.
- If each such news report is about little people being oppressed, then banning the report is to perpetuate the oppression of little people while acting as the accessory to the evil people.
- If they were somehow pushed over into the private sector where the rest of us little people have to thrive, perhaps it would get their attention that there's a crying need out here.
- At the same time were you not professing to be the President of the working people, who would fight for the little people?
- While the political elite are busy vying for power, the little people have been duped.
- Thomas Hardy doesn't do wars and cataclysms and earthquakes like me, but the idea is the same - you take little people who don't really matter and just show what happens to them as events unroll.
- ‘Just don't forget all us little people when you're famous,’ Becky joked.
- Great men are far too scarce for us to allow their contributions to be rubbished by the petty prattling of little people who do nothing, but are nevertheless ever eager to snipe at the real achievers.
- In response, they develop an identity based upon a narrative or belief story in which they, the little people, will be, if not literally, at least morally victorious.
- It's very difficult for us little people to run a business because we're living in fear.
- My idea at this time, which was slowly developing, was to create a comedie humaine with little people, average people - samples from every period in American life.
- Now I'm not sure that they have the institutional capacity to do that, but it's always the little people who lose out in power plays over land.
- If the little people want to keep up with what goes in Parliament they can jolly well pull themselves up by their bootstraps and get themselves elected, like our Peter did.
- No one has a problem with a large corporation paying fines if they cause substantial damage, but little people are getting caught up in the fervor too.
- Our country is a representative republic, and that means we, the people, the little people, cast our votes for those people we want to send to DC to represent us.
- The villagers are quintessential little people, literal peasants constantly caught in the crossfire of crises not of their making and beyond their control.
- But he's all about the little people, the working man, the common folk.
- In our so-called democracy, the message of the authorities is simple: ‘Go to hell, little people.’
- If, as you think, she is a changed woman re the injustice system for the little people and privilege for the rich and powerful elite, she could certainly be a driving force for the important issues we face.
3Medicinagente pequeña femeninoenanos
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.