In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1roble de Virginia masculino
- Winding roads are bordered by palmettos, crape myrtle and live oaks draped with Spanish moss.
- The white oak group, which includes the live oak and post oak, produces acorns annually.
- And the soil, I'm afraid, wasn't perfect since I had to dig among the roots of a live oak.
- In the northeastern part of the area is a sand ridge supporting turkey oak, sand live oak, wax myrtle, Chapman oak, and longleaf pine.
- The cemetery, with its sculptures, Spanish moss, live oaks and dahlias, has an other worldly atmosphere.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.