In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1hígado masculino(transplant) (before noun) de hígadoliver complaint — afección hepática femenino
- liver disease — enfermedad del hígado
- liver pâté — paté de hígado
- liver trouble — problema hepático / del hígado
- It is by appointment to the Queen and does a huge mail-order range, from calves' liver to French Loue chicken.
- The flow of secretions from your stomach, liver, pancreas and small intestine may decrease.
- The mixed type can involve several organ systems, most commonly the intestines, spleen, liver, and lung.
- In this case, the liver, adrenal glands, lung, and spleen were affected.
- Sources of iron are; lean red meat, liver and green leafy vegetables.
- As the waiting list for lungs, hearts, livers, and kidneys grows, only 30 percent of prospective donors are given the opportunity to give new life, because of the sensitive nature of organ donation.
- She suffered a bullet wound in the leg, and two in the abdomen, injuring her liver, intestines and pancreas.
- Subsequent CT scans of the chest and abdomen revealed the liver, pancreas, and renal cysts unchanged.
- Approximately 88,000 people are on the national organ transplant waiting list, waiting for kidneys, livers, pancreases, intestines, hearts and lungs.
- The taste of blood is unassertive, like that of liver, so all blood puddings depend on additional flavourings for their particular character.
- We kicked off with an expertly dressed salad with a buttery taste, and shared some chicken liver pate served with fresh toast, tomatoes and pickled cucumbers.
- Any tissue can be biopsied, including the liver, lung, brain and bone marrow.
- As the vegetables are whisked away a platter of crostini spread with chicken liver pate arrives, but that is not the special part.
- The menu is impressive and boasts not just your run-of-the-mill pizzas and pastas but Mediterranean variations on steak, chicken, fish, liver and lamb dishes.
- If you suspect you're not getting enough iron, boost your intake with foods like lean red meat, liver, spinach, and apricots.
- In autopsies of these patients the organism has been found in the brain, lungs, heart, liver, and gastrointestinal tract.
- For the main course I had the pan-fried lamb's liver and organic streaky bacon with a scallion and horseradish mash for €15.
- For food rewards, try chicken, liver, cheese, sardines, and other smelly, yummy, soft treats.
- The liver is the primary metabolic organ within the body that coordinates a complex array of biochemical and physiological processes linked to nutrition.
- In the United States, there's a great shortage of donor organs: hearts, livers, lungs, kidneys, pancreases and small intestines.
- I would choose pizza on my night, but the following night, his selection would be calves liver and onions.
- Using a chilled meat grinder fitted with the medium die, grind chicken, livers, pork and fat back into a large bowl over an ice water bath.
- I was tipped off on their chopped liver by a fellow food enthusiast, and had to buy some when I walked by the store yesterday.
- As far as I can ascertain - there is no evidence of involvement of the liver, lungs, endocrine system, or other organs.
- Calf's liver is served with good smoked bacon: ask for the dull red wine gravy to be served separately or, better, not at all.
- Residues of PCP have been found in human testes, kidney, prostate, liver, and adipose tissue.
- A typical example is minced beef cobbler, braised lambs' liver and onions, stuffed tomatoes, seafood flan salad or mixed side salad - all at a reasonable price.
- One, a 20 year old female, had deposits in the brain, liver, lung, bone marrow, adrenal glands, and ovaries.
- At one point Chris has put half the garnish - a stew of leeks to go with calves' liver - on one plate.
- If you've got it, it's worth cutting down on red meat, liver and kidneys.
- It was monkfish liver served as a pâté and, floating on top of it, a froth of soy foam.
- Organs such as kidneys, lungs and livers can be transplanted.
- The pathologist's findings seemed predictable: a shrunken hard lump in the right upper quadrant of her abdomen, once a liver.
- Wonderfully sweet-sharp flavours here, which are great with grilled lamb or liver.
- She introduced me to the best calves' liver, dusted with seasoned flour and fried up with fresh sage, served tender and just a mite pink in the middle.
- To cope with the organ shortage, living donors are sometimes used to provide kidneys, livers, lungs and intestines for transplantation.
- The ova penetrate the intestinal wall and pass through the portal vein to the liver, lung, and other tissues.
- The excess is stored in your organs, especially your liver, heart and pancreas.
- I usually have the calves' liver when I come here, it's very good.
- Most types of stomach cancer develop in the cells of the stomach lining and can spread to the whole of the stomach as well as the liver, small intestine, pancreas and bowel.
1(person)he's a clean liver — lleva una vida sin excesos
- he's a loose liver — es un calavera / un juerguista
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.